Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Puzzling Idea!

I don't know about all of you, but my children LOVE putting puzzles together, and we have A LOT of them.  As with everything, I try to keep everything organized and together.  Nothing drives me more crazy than having toys lost or mixed up toys, but that's a whole different topic.  The kids were playing with the puzzles a lot, and of course the boxes for the puzzles were getting pretty beat up.  So my husband (I can't even take credit for this idea) decided that the boxes had to go!  And this is what he did!  Check it out!!  The man is a genius!


He cut the front cover of the box off so the kids could see what the puzzle is supposed to look like, and put both the puzzle pieces and the cover in a Ziploc bag.  We have over 50 puzzles, so this truly was a necessity.  It saves space, and keeps the chance of losing pieces lower because we no longer have to deal with broken boxes.  The man is a genius!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Great mind think alike! I have had to do this with Caitlin's puzzles as she has so many. It makes it much easier. I even take it a step farther and "number" each puzzle on the label, and then writing the number on the back of each puzzle piece, just in case they get mixed up. I've even seen Target selling puzzles in zip lock type bags now! Jason started a trend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - numbering the puzzle pieces is what I should do!! I do that with all of my supplies at school, and I've done similar things here at home with different things - but not with the puzzle pieces! Yes, Jason is a genius - he always seems to start the trends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, this could clear up a whole shelf for us...hmmmm looks like I know what I will be doing this weekend :) Tell Jason I said thanks :)

    ReplyDelete