Thursday, May 31, 2012

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth!

I've said this once, and I'm sure you'll hear me saying it again and again - but, I can't believe how fast my two little girls are growing up.  Here is an example.  Jennah turned five the first week of May, and amazingly enough - has had a couple of loose teeth for a while now.  I don't remember losing my teeth this early, and of course, the cautious Mommy (or annoying Mommy) that I can be, did research on how early kids should lose their teeth.  Jennah fit right in the correct age brackets.  Anyhoo. . .as a child, I remember the anticipation of losing teeth, putting them under my pillow for the tooth fairy to get. . .Jennah wanted nothing to do with it.  She was being rather cautious, wouldn't loosen them more than they were naturally, and I think she was a little scared.  


Well, my two girls were playing upstairs.  We didn't hear any fighting or crying (which usually means that they are getting in trouble), but, I didn't want to jinx anything, so I let them keep playing without checking on them.  All of a sudden, Jennah comes running down stairs, bloody mouth and all.  She didn't know whether to laugh or cry, nor did she know what to say.  I finally understood that Jennah's teeth were gone, but she didn't know where there were.  I was scared that she swallowed them, which, I'm sure wouldn't matter anyway, so we rushed upstairs to look for them, and this is the story that I got:


Jennah and Kylee were playing when Kylee made Jennah mad.  Jennah decided that biting Kylee's blanket would "get her back" for making her mad.  Kylee didn't like Jennah biting her blanket and yanked the blanket away from Jennah.  Well, not only did she get her blanket back, she also gained a few teeth!  Kylee may just have a knack for dentistry in her future.  She is VERY proud for pulling out her sister's teeth.  



The point to my story is to share an idea that I came across.  And, I'm sure these are "old news", but they are new to me.  My mom was in town, and if you know my mom, you know that she is an amazing crafter, seamstress, knitter, etc.  I wanted her to make a little drawstring pouch for Jennah to put her tooth (not anticipating that she would lose TWO teeth) in to put under her pillow and as I was searching I found these cute little Tooth Fairy Pillows.  Jennah's really into mermaids right now, so on the front of the pillow is a mermaid princess holding a little pouch - and that's where you put the tooth.  On the back is two pockets; one small and one large so the Tooth Fairy can put whatever present (money, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) in them.  You hang them on their bedroom doors and the Tooth Fairy finds them.  I loved the idea so much, I asked my mom to make one for Jennah.  Jennah has hers hanging on her closet door in anticipation of the next lost tooth.  Maybe this time she'll extract it by herself - or maybe, Kylee will get mad again!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I wish Ansley would believe! She is just so cute in that pic. We can't wait to see ya'll in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete