Friday, June 22, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk PAINT!

My friend posted a picture to my Facebook wall challenging me to try Sidewalk Chalk Paint and report the results to her.  What she didn't know, was that this was already on my Summer Bucket List - and today was the day to tackle this project.  It was EASY!!  As Jennah says, "easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy"!


Here's what you need:

1 cup of cornstarch
1 cup of water
food coloring

Mix the cornstarch and the water together until it is completely liquid.  Divide the mixture into separate cups.  (When I do this again, I'll either do it one of two ways.  One, each painter will get their own 6-count muffin tin, OR, I'll put each color in their own plastic cup with their own paint brush.  There were three of us painting, so it got a little annoying sharing, and the paint was getting all mixed up.)  Stir in the food coloring.  I used Wilton Icing Coloring and we got some beautiful vivid colors to paint with.  Then go paint!!!  The paint dries very quickly and vividly.  We painted for over an hour - it was SO much fun.  



Kylee's bird trap!




Jennah's flower!  Great job Jennah!


I'll definitely do this over and over again.  I truly hate sidewalk chalk.  I hate the feel, and I especially hate it when I scrape my hand when I slip - so this is SO much better!!!  SO much more fun!  Try this - your kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment